Sunday, April 28, 2013

Days 115-118 (April 25-28, 2013)

Day 115 - April 25, 2013

Western Day at school. Here's a picture I snapped of Carsten before we left for school.


Day 116 - April 26, 2013

We watched a great movie called Ring the Bell. I would highly recommend watching it. A piece of the movie that hit me was during the Casting Crowns concert...

A song might change your afternoon but its not going to change your life.It's going to take something way more than feeling good and feeling better to change your life. I can't live by what I feel but I live by the truth that God's Word reveals.

And when I stand before God one day, He's not going to ask me how I felt, He's not going to ask me what church I went to, He's not going to ask me how many good things I do and how many bad things I stopped doing, What He's going to ask me is what did I do with Jesus?

Because we are all in the same boat down here. No one here is any more a train wreck than the guy standing up here with a microphone right now. We're lost, we're broken, we're fallen and we can't fix ourselves. So don't come to a concert and hear this and then think 'I need to go get good and come back to God' because you can't. It's way too late to get good. I've got to realize that I'm broken and I'm fallen and I need Jesus. And God says in His Word that if we confess with our mouths that Jesus is Lord and believe in our heart that God raised Him from the dead, we'll be saved. Confess with my mouth that Jesus is Lord. Lord is not a nickname for Jesus. Lord means King. To be His, is to confess with my mouth that Jesus is Lord and King of my life forever and I will follow my King forever. I believe in my heart that the same God that raised Jesus from the dead can raise me from the dead. That's so much bigger than trying to be better. It's realizing, 'Lord I need you, I'm desperate and I lay my life at Your feet. I turn from from the sin in my life and I'm following you to be Yours'


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Obq8dmVdPA

Day 117 - April 27, 2013

Carsten and Savannah stayed up to watch the last regular season game of the Detroit Red Wings. I think the kids were OK with the Wings not making the playoffs til now as I was letting them watch more hockey lately just in case they missed the playoffs. Thankfully they made it for 22 consecutive seasons.


Day 118 - April 28, 2013

Supper tonight...pita pizza


No comments:

Post a Comment