Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Days 332-344 (November 28, 2013-December 10, 2013)

Days 332 - November 28, 2013

SNOW DAY!!! We were all thrilled to have our first school snow day! Alex made pancakes with our perfect pancake maker pan...and it actually made great pancakes. 


Days 333 - November 29, 2013

Carsten colouring a pencil case


Days 334 - November 30, 2013

Mark is installing the new lock...hoping it opens easier soon.


Days 335 - December 1, 2013

We give three gifts to each of our kids at Christmas...Extravagant (something they really want), Practical (something they need) and Spiritual (something that will feeds their hearts). I find it helps keep us from going overboard with presents. 

We usually just open our presents when we have a night that works for all of us. This year we had a bit of pressure to open early as Savannah's gift was time sensitive. We let the kids open their extravagant present tonight. 

Carsten loves Lego and he got two sets as his were a great deal.


Alex thrilled with Skylanders SwapForce


Savannah is going to the Detroit Red Wings game on Wednesday...her wish was to get a Pavel Datsyuk bobble head


Days 336 - December 2, 2013

I had wrapped this paper in a box with her Datsyuk jersey and a NHL Advent Calendar.


Days 337 - December 3, 2013

Kim and I had an exciting day on tap as we headed to pick up Vanstraten Bakery products for grocery day...since we were half way to IKEA, we made our annual trip. Can I just say that Ikea is such an awesome store? I so wish we had one in London! Louisa joined us on our trip. 


Days 338 - December 4, 2013

Kim and I put grocery day orders together and grabbed Savannah from her class to go get ready to leave for Detroit. Soon Daniel, Kim, Savannah and I were on the road. After picking up our tickets at the Will Call office at Joe Louis Arena, we made a  trip to Hobby Lobby and had a quick bite to eat at McDonalds before heading back to the arena. The first 7500 people were going to get a FREE Datsyuk bobble head and we wanted to be one of those 7500. We got in line around 5:30pm and doors opened at 6:30. Success...


Days 339 - December 5, 2013

Carsten has been waiting to bring home his canvas art project


Days 340 - December 6, 2013

Building the boys Ikea Expedit...the door inserts take longer than I thought they would to build.


Days 341 - December 7, 2013

Yesterday, I was uploading some pictures so I could update my blog and I was about half way done when I heard a bzzzz...and my laptop was dead. I thought it was maybe the battery and that my laptop had gotten unplugged but alas, nothing worked...it was kaput! I will admit, I cried...slight panic moment when I didn't know when my pictures had last been backed up. 

Thankfully I have been saving for a new fridge...unfortunately the fridge will have to wait a little longer. I finally decided on getting a Mac as my other laptops were not lasting long, this last one lasted only 1.5 years :( Here is a picture Mark took of me at the Apple store. 


Days 342 - December 8, 2013

Practical Gift opening tonight

Carsten and Savannah got giant tootsie rolls...aka Duvets


Alex got a new sweatshirt in his favourite colour...orange


Days 343 - December 9, 2013

Carsten dressing up as Santa...he loves the beard...maybe bc it looks a little Duck Dynasty-ish?


Days 344 - December 10, 2013

Jared and Alex playing iPod after their reading time is done

No comments:

Post a Comment