Thursday, January 9, 2014

Days 1-31 (January 1-31, 2014)

Day 1 - January 1, 2014

Alex, Savannah and I went to church this morning and Carsten and Mark stayed home. Can't wait to everyone is healthy! When we got home, Mark nicely had the fixings for a salad...here's what I created for lunch. Hoping to eat much better and healthier this year...


Day 2 - January 2, 2014

The VMS kids and our kids were itching for a play date. So the kids all headed over to the VMS house...wow it was nice and quiet in our house...thanks Gerald! I was feeling even more spoiled when the kids went out shopping with Kim for my birthday. Mark and I decided to out for supper together...it's not something we do often, it was quite nice. Here's my yummy fajita bowl :)


Day 3 - January 3, 2014

Alex got sick last night but is feeling better this morning. I got up early-ish and went to Kim's to continue organizing the Scrapbook/Craft Room...can't wait to be ready to use the room instead of organizing :)Carsten and Savannah spent the day at Kim's too, prepping for my birthday...wrapping presents, making cards and certificates, etc...they were super secretive and super excited. Here'e me organizing punches that I have been collecting for 20 years...


Day 4 - January 4, 2014

Today I turned 35 and my kids won't let me forget that...I got a framed certificate that certifies me as being 35 from Carsten :DThe kids enjoyed giving me the gifts they had handpicked for me and I enjoyed seeing how much thought they put into each gift they gave. It's amazing how individualized the gifts were to each kid's personality.


Day 5 - January 5, 2014

Tonight, Carsten and Savannah with Kim's help were Rainbow Looming minions. I am sure glad Kim is pretty good at this...not sure I would have the patience.


Day 6 - January 6, 2014

Carsten and Savannah's finished products...rainbow loom minion bracelets.



Day 7 - January 7, 2014

Extended Christmas Break Day 2 because of extreme cold temperatures and icy roads...Settlers of Catan with the kids. I love how the kids have really learned this game and it is a battle to win this game now.


Day 8 - January 8, 2014

I was busy working in the house when I heard a loud bang in the garage...after investigating, I discovered a can of pop blew completely open from the bitter cold temperatures we have been having.



Day 9 - January 9, 2014

I have been dreaming of the day when I would get a new fridge. I have been saving up for one and have been waiting for a good sale. Boxing Day sales were good and the fridge arrived today.



Day 10 - January 10, 2014

This week's schedule was thrown out the window with "extreme temperature" days where school was cancelled. Grocery Day was today and after finishing up, I saw how much the kids enjoy the snow we get. I snapped a few pictures for the yearbook and so I am using one of those pics today bc I didn't really take any others.


Day 11 - January 11 , 2014

Today Mark and I with friends and family were privileged to witness the wedding of Mike and Teresa Roelofsen. I decided to leave my camera home and just enjoy the wedding. Thanks Jenny for the picture of the day :)


Day 12 - January 12, 2014

Jaelyn and Ava were still here visiting and the girls had a great time with rainbow loom after church.


Day 13 - January 13, 2014

I am very glad that Savannah creatively decided to make rainbow loom collars and leashes for her dogs as my wrist (and hers) is getting kind of full.


Day 14 - January 14, 2014

I love that some regular routine is coming back...reading time


Day 15 - January 15, 2014

In our devotions the other night, there was a little bible Jeopardy trivia section and the kids enjoyed it. So we decided to do some more tonight. We found this app called Scriptionaire and the kids enjoy learning more about scripture...it is similar to who wants to be a millionaire.


Day 16 - January 16, 2014

Mark and I got each other FitBits for Christmas...it's a fun way to track your steps throughout the day and compare your number of steps with your friends.


Day 17 - January 17, 2014

This suitcase usually means one of two things...Mark is going away on a business trip OR Mark came home from a business trip. Today it meant he came home. Thankful to have him back.


Day 18 - January 18, 2014

I love it when I find these two getting along well...Alex scooped her up just for fun.


Day 19 - January 19, 2014

Not sure if anyone noticed but the bulletin colour changed? :)I remember editing the bulletin and it was always fun to change the font when a new year rolled around.


Day 20 - January 20, 2014

Rowan has missed Alex a lot. We haven't had the VMS kids much after school and after a few days of Rowan walking around the house calling Alex...I decided to do the next best thing and give him a picture of Alex. Rowan was thrilled.


Day 21 - January 21, 2014

I have loved watching Savannah's Post-it Note Headboard grow. It's were she puts her likes, dislikes and thoughts...her very own Thought Board.


Day 22 - January 22, 2014

Don't you hate it when you make yourself a tea to go...and then you forget it at home?? Yup, did it again.


Day 23 - January 23, 2014

My lunch today looks great but wish I could have taken two pictures to show you the mess I made making it...The first time I made homemade cream of broccoli soup. The crackers are the ones Kim and I made earlier this week. It has been fun learning how to make things from scratch.


Day 24 - January 24, 2014

School Skate today...I got lots of pictures of other kids and very few of my own. Savannah and Soomin paused long enough for me to snap this one.


Day 25 - January 25, 2014

Savannah built a fort today and after my first visit to see it, I got a text from her to come see it again.

Dear mom,
 Come see the fort. It is bigger and better with more room. You don't have to sign your name again. Just slip it under the door. You will see it is different. I changed it. You can lay down with me. It will be so much fun. Please write back.

Sav


Mark got a sweet text from Savannah to come check it out too.

Dear daddy,
Please come down stairs and see the finished fort. I love you! Please read the sign on the libro bin and do what it says. Then I will let you in.
                                          Love,
                                                     Savannah.

Day 26 - January 26, 2014

Mark made Cinnamon Buns from scratch and they were a huge hit with the kids! Alex said they were the best ones he's ever had.



Day 27 - January 27, 2014

Scanning in postcards, and memorabilia from our holland trip. This scanner has been great so far. I hope to do my negatives soon too.


Day 28 - January 28, 2014

The boys had their Basketball Tournament today. After a couple weeks of practice, they were prepared to put what they have been learning into action. After round robin play, there was a three way tie in their pool. Want to know how they broke the tie?? Rock, Paper, Scissors...We lost and had to play a quarterfinal game against Stratford. After beating Stratford, we moved on to the semi-finals against Aylmer. After winning, we moved onto the finals to play Sarnia...unfortunately we lost, but were happy with a finalist banner. It was a fun day!


Alex

 Carsten

Day 29 - January 29, 2014

It was a busy week and today brought us back to the school for the Story Telling & Speech Assembly.  Alex was chosen this year to present his speech on Minecraft. He did a great job but I still don't really get this game...bad graphics and it's cool??


Day 30 - January 30, 2014

Yesterday was an orthodontist appointment for Carsten and today was Savannah's first appointment. Here's Savannah's x-ray...lots of teeth but not a lot of room :(


Day 31 - January 31, 2014

With Carsten's permission and his help writing the explanation...

Here is Mark adjusting his appliance that is expanding his mouth 1/4mm each day...and we thought his mouth was big enough ;) LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment