Wednesday, April 1, 2015

WEEK 8 ~ FEBRUARY 19-25, 2015

Regular activities continued on this week...several physio and chiropractor appointments, Bible Study, visits with Mom, added to the daily routine. We enjoyed taking a break from the daily grind with a laughter filled church Variety Night...awesome centrepieces, games, skits, musical selections, competitions, yummy desserts...what a great time of fun!!

















Kim and I visited her Grandpa and Grandma for their anniversary. It was nice to visit them and have the opportunity to celebrate the many years that God has given them together.


Kim and I had heard about a movie called Still Alice where a linguistic professor comes face-to-face with a devastating early-onset Alzheimer's diagnosis. After a recommendation, we went to see it,  and while it is not a christian movie, it definitely helps people understand a little more what someone with Alzheimer's may be experiencing. While often this road is so hard to travel and we may be tempted to ask why...I'll be honest and say I find myself getting closer to Mom even as she seems to be slipping further away...Now is my chance to serve. This road we are walking presents a constant reminder to show love now and not to wait, you never know if you will be given another opportunity.


"I used to be someone who knew a lot. No one asks for my opinion or advice anymore. I miss that. I used to be curious and independent and confident. I miss being sure of things. There's no peace in being unsure of everything all the time. I miss doing everything easily. I miss being a part of what's happening. I miss feeling wanted. I miss my life and my family."


Bringing joy to the residents at Mom's home is important to us too...Kim introducing Logan to the ladies that LOVE their baby dolls every day was such a special moment. One lady was so excited she had happy tears streaming down her face as she met Logan :)



Dad (Mark's Dad) has not been feeling well and went to the ER this week. He has been having some pain in his side and after some X-rays and a CT scan, the doctor came to see Mark and Dad saying the scan showed a growth/tumor that is about 13 cm. Dad was referred to another doctor for a biopsy. This is all a bit overwhelming for us, but especially for Dad who has already been through a lot in the last while. Dad has some meds to help with pain and swelling and we hope that the biopsy will come back with good results.

Fear not, for I am with you;
    be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you, I will help you,
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
~ Isaiah 41:10 ~

No comments:

Post a Comment