Thursday, March 31, 2016

WEEK 17 ~ APRIL 23-29, 2015

I tried pretty much everything...Tylenol Cold/Sinus/Flu, Advil, Benylin, Fishermen Friends, Halls, Nasonex, 8 boxes of kleenex...I caved and went to the doctor as I had been feeling really crummy for a week and a half...I ached everywhere, had horrible headaches, fever, sore throat, constant coughing...Influenza and sinus infection...I felt absolutely miserable and had no energy. Thankfully with some meds, I started on the mend. The worst part was that I could not visit Mom or Dad at all and I knew that Dad was was fighting the flu in addition to so many other things. I am thankful that Mark and Kim kept the visits up while I tried to get better.


There was church fundraising ball hockey tournament and the boys played in it. They had a lot of fun and wish I could have watched more but I needed to go home and rest. 



Alex represented his school in a track and field meet in three event, triple jump, shot put and relay. Kim and I enjoyed watching Alex throw shot put and he did well. 


Savannah found the bike she wanted on sale and she was ready to bring it home. Savannah was very excited to show Kim her new bike and tried it out riding around on her road.




Dad got a tracheotomy which helped him feel more comfortable and it was encouraging to see little improvements...Dad sitting in a chair, being more awake, increased communication and asking questions about what all the machines around him were. Kim helped to answer those questions by explaining to Dad what he was hooked up to and why it was needed, giving him the option to increase or decrease pain medication as he needed. We also took occasional videos of the kids to show Opa, especially since the kids had not visited him since his move to the ICU. Dad liked seeing what the kids were up to and especially liked seeing Sav's biking video.

Alex throwing shot put

Savannah's Bike

Carsten's Science Project

No comments:

Post a Comment