Monday, September 23, 2013

Days 262-265 (September 19-22, 2013)

Day 262 - September 19, 2013

While I usually talk about a lot of everyday little things that we do in the family or the kids do...the next few days are going to be about my time at the conference I went to because it was such a big thing in my life.

I brought the kids to school and prayed that Mark's flight would come in without delay so he could pick the kids up from school. Kim, Rachel and I headed for the Revive '13 Conference in Schaumburg, Illinois. After arriving safely in Chicago, we enjoyed touring the city. There was so much to see and so little time but we did have time for a horse and carriage ride, trying some Garrett's popcorn, shopping the American Girl store, eating Giordano's deep dish pizza for supper taking a taxi to Navy Pier, walking back from the pier and coming across a Cupcake food truck. It was a lot to take in but it was a wonderful experience. The combination of old and new buildings with wonderful character was breathtaking. We headed to the Renaissance hotel to get some rest and gear up for the conference.

Here is a view of Chicago from our horse and carriage ride.

Day 263 - September 20, 2013

The day started with breakfast at Ikea with a quick browsing of the store. After a nice walk to Woodfield Mall, we shopped at the Lego store. We caught the shuttle back to the hotel and the conference began. God was speaking and being away from the regular hustle and bustle of life, I had a chance to really listen. It was the beginning of a wonderful weekend where God was working hard in my heart. We had a break for supper and we enjoyed supper at the Cheesecake Factory...Fabulous food and conversation.

Here is the view from our window.

Day 264 - September 21, 2013

We knew we wouldn't have a lot of time for breakfast in the morning since the first session started at 8:30 am so we ordered a pizza at supper last night for breakfast. There are so many things I want to share on what I learned and relearned at the conference, but it is so hard to wrap it all up in a few lines. God continued to work on/ in me at the conference and on the way home. I know God put me in the vehicle with the two ladies He did to continue His work in my life through our conversations. Thank you Kim and Rachel!

Our hotel

Day 265 - September 22, 2013

We got home from the conference around 2:30 am and getting up for church was hard but it was such a blessing. God continued working and tying everything together through the sermon, the conference, music, conversations with people He brought to me. God pursued me...He wants all of me, not just an episode of my life. I truly feel revived and at peace especially in some areas that I have been struggling with. Thank you Lord! I am already eager to attend next year and pray that God will continue to bless me as I seek to do His will.

The many gifts we received at the conference

A song that I just needed to share :)

No comments:

Post a Comment