Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Week 48 ~ November 25-December 1, 2016

We started this week with Savannah's school volleyball tournament, with Carsten and Jordan coming to cheer the team on because they had a PD Day. Logan and Kim were there to watch Savannah play too...lots of support. Savannah did a great job setting...the girls played hard all day...they fought hard against Aylmer in the finals...and came away as Champions!!



 








Savannah had a few build a bears stuffies that she thought could use a new home and she found some really happy recipients...




The boys went off to the pancake breakfast at church while Kim and I took Savannah, Andrew and Olivia to the St. Jacob's Farmers Market. It was a lot of fun to explore the market, the Lego Outlet and to walk the streets of the village. I love the hats that Olivia and Andrew won from the Pook booth's 12 Days of Giveaway. We all especially loved the toy store we found in the village. 





Logan loves visiting Oma and Oma loves her boy, Logan. After sitting with Oma for a bit, Logan wanted to sit with Mark and Mark was happy to oblige. I think Mark's mom started to feel a wee bit possessive and wanted Logan back. 




I love making puzzles and I picked out a puzzle with Savannah at the toy store in St. Jacob's that she said she would help me make...we (I was) excited to start when we got home...Savannah helped for a bit and then came back to put the last couple pieces in.



Usually I try out many of the card options when I order our Christmas cards but I think I picked the second one I tried out...I love them!


Mark took a business trip to Kentucky for the work week and we continued on with the regular day to day activities...basketball practice, babysitting, meetings, etc. I also accomplished some Christmas shopping and wrapping...I love the Ikea wrapping paper that I found this year!! Everyone got a different paper so I could tell whose present was whose.




We also celebrated Kim's birthday this week...although she doesn't like for us to make a big deal about it. We have adopted you into our family and since you're often asked if you're my daughter ðŸ¤” ... I just wanted to let you know that "Family isn't always blood. It's the people in your life who want you in theirs; the ones who accept you for who you are. The ones who would do anything to see you smile and who love you no matter what." Since I didn't get a picture of Kim...I'll just add this...


Many people have asked about Logan and what his diagnosis is...Logan has SMA (Spinal Muscular Atrophy) and this week he is tried a promising new drug called nusinersen that we pray will help him with his symptoms. Here is an article that explains the new drug a bit better than I could  http://www.ctvnews.ca/health/new-drug-could-be-lifesaver-for-children-with-spinal-muscular-atrophy-1.3172703



No comments:

Post a Comment