Tuesday, October 18, 2016

WEEK 5 ~ JANUARY 29-FEBRUARY 4, 2016

We tried to keep this week a bit more low key with Mark in Charlotte for the week and me not feeling so great. We pushed through...the boys finished up exams, Carsten had basketball practice and an orthodontist appointment. A neat experience for me was going with Kim and Logan to a wheelchair appointment to practice his driving...it's quite amazing to watch! And a highlight when Mark is away is Facetime...times sure have changed since the boys were little and it was just a regular phone call to stay connected.


I had a few appointments this week...chiropractor, massage therapist and finally the doctor. I am just trying to work with the 3 professionals to get relief from Fibromyalgia. Sometimes I find it hard to be positive when my sleep is broken, I wake up tired and feeling really crummy...lots of tension headaches, migraines and unexplained pain. Sometimes I find it's easier to stay home and not have to act like I am fine...it takes a lot of energy to pretend that I'm feeling good. I have a short term goal of being able to go to the gym a couple times a week without feeling miserable and a long term goal of playing soccer competitively again. I took comfort in the words of these pictures and tried to refocus, knowing there definitely could be worse things.




I know some have wondered and asked what Logan has and found this to be a "simple" explanation of SMA...Spinal Muscular Atrophy. Thankful for all God has taught us through Logan but praying that a cure will be found someday soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment