Thursday, October 20, 2016

WEEK 9 ~ FEBRUARY 26-MARCH 3, 2016

R-word...This is something I think on more and more when I hear this word still being used today and often by adults around me. I will admit that I occasionally used the R-word...and I am not proud of it. A number of years back, I had a friend talk to me about the word retard/retarded and I realized my poor choice of words and have since pledged to never use it again. The r-word is a word I remember hearing often while growing up and when thinking back on when and how it was used...it was NEVER in a good way, but rather used to put someone or something down. I apologize and ask your forgiveness if I have ever used that word around you. Will you pledge to end the r-word?


Some big changes around here for Savannah and I...we got big haircuts and sent our hair to BC to be made into wigs for those battling cancer. 



Many thoughts and prayers have been lifted for my sister-in-law, Sue, who is starting her chemo treatment this week. Praying that God will bless the treatment and that Sue will have few side effects as the medicine works.


Mom had a good Sunday! After VV church we had coffee, followed by lots of piano music, singing and fellowship. We even spent a little time outside in the beautiful weather with Mom. Thank you Lord!!






I was so excited to see what Candace Cameron and the rest of the cast from Full House would create...Netflix released Fuller House and we sat down to watch it after school. I like that there is a family bond and DJ trying to teach right from wrong but I was disappointed that the show was not really family friendly...inappropriate jokes, insinuations, some not so modest clothing...Maybe I am a little more sensitive but I'd love to have something a little more wholesome for the the kids and I to watch. 



So odd to have such beautiful weather in February and just a few days later have the boys school cancelled due to snow and ice and Savannah's open but allowing you to make a choice (School is NOT closed today. However, the road conditions are poor and parents should exercise caution and discretion when deciding whether to make their way to school).



Amidst the hustle and bustle of life, a few more pictures were taken...Alex at Maaike’s Skating Party, a van load of stuff going to the thrift store (I love seeing the house get a little bit more decluttered), hanging with Rowan, books for Alex (Yikes, he's going to be 16 and driving!) and the last picture is my favourite Pampered Chef piece (I need a new one ASAP because I found ours broken in the drawer :(






No comments:

Post a Comment