Friday, November 18, 2016

WEEK 28 ~ JULY 8-14, 2016

With a week to recoup, we were gearing for our next family vacation, but not before we enjoyed RibFest with Kim, Andrew, Olivia and Logan. The big boys feasted on ribs while the rest of enjoyed hotdogs, fries, snow cones and cotton candy. Not sure who got the better food ;)






We were also able to be present deliverers for some very special girls...I think my kids had just as much fun as the little ones did. Happy birthday!



We were enjoyed watching a storm roll in the day before leaving on vacation...it was something to see...you just kept checking it out. It kind of made me think of a tsunami wave rolling in. 



I know a lot of people say money doesn't grow on trees but I saw this at Costco...wishing I had bought it and gave it a try ;)


Elim Lodge..it's my happy place where I get to spend unlimited time with my family away from the everyday stresses of life...a time to get refreshed and recharged for another year. Times are changing though...we missed Brian and Rose's family not coming and it may be Brian and Jenny's last year...it brought a serious sadness for me to the always fun time ...I tried to soak it all in just incase it's not the same next year. I guess it was a bit different already this year as Carsten went back home to play soccer, coming back up with Kim and Alex went back to work a few shifts at the BFM before coming back up with Mark towards the end of the week. It was a bit odd for it to just be Savannah and I in the cottage. Life is changing and sometimes I wish I could just slow it down.

How can you  not enjoy waking up to this site every morning? From sunrise to sunset, I never tire of this sight...we hope to get a huge canvas of this for our room.






 



I love that there is almost always someone to play a game with or colour with or just to hang out with. Sometimes I really miss not being able to just pop over to my sisters' or mom's house and so I try to fill my heart up and treasure my time with them while we are at Elim.








While Mark was gone we decided the place was too big for just Savannah and I so we had a little sleepover followed by breakfast in the dining room :)



 After youth program every day, everyone was ready to have some fun on the water...both young and old...






There is also the boating trip to Bobcaygeon that we do every year. This year our favourite store, the toy store, was gone. P.S. Notice the construction sign on the water?!?






 Fishing in the evening is one of my most favourite times!! I LOVE fishing...the thrill of trying to catch the big one and just enjoying gorgeous sunsets...





We had a tradition where Grandpa and Grandma watched the little kids and their paretns could go enjoy supper out together...the kids have grown over the years and now Grandpa and Grandma come with us. We pretty much ask our friends or family who are at Elim if they want to go with us, just no little kids... this year we went to Lakefield to Canoe and Paddle...it was lovely.






Quadramarathon and Triathlon are always something to look forward to. The kids are always gearing up and trying to get together their teams...it's so much fun!





Storms can be pretty bad on the lake but it is amazing to stand and watch them come rolling in. After it stormed through the night we woke and found some damage a couple cottages down...so thankful no one was hurt




And while we were enjoying our time at Elim Lodge, a special little guy celebrated his 2nd birthday..Happy Birthday Logan! We love you lots and pray that God will continue to be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment