Monday, May 9, 2016

WEEK 21 ~ MAY 21-27, 2015

In preparing Mom & Dad's house for selling, we were able to keep some special mementos...Carsten was pleased to have one of Opa's hats and I got to take home all the scrapbook albums I have made Mom and Dad Koopman over the years...the kids and I enjoyed looking at them again.

 






My sister-in-law Audrey worked her magic on Mom & Dad's house and it was ready for the market and showings started right away with Mark as a Real Estate agent.







Carsten had to be brought to school really early for his class trip and so Savannah and I enjoyed breakfast out before bringing her back to school. 


Unfortunately parents are not asked to be chaperones on the Grade 8 Class Trip anymore and that was/is a bummer bc I have loved being a part of my kids' school life and capturing moments with the camera. So here is the picture I stole off Facebook of this momentous trip of Carsten's life...wished we had more...The second picture is the clock (11:49 pm) I watched while I waited for them to come home...they were a bit late.



This isn't meant to start a discussion on whether to vaccinate or not but all of our children are up to date with the necessary vaccinations. However, we have opted out of some of the "optional" ones. When you are exempting a child from a vaccine...who knew that you had to go through such a hassle so the child does not get expelled from school? Get forms from health unit, signed at MPs office and then back to health unit if I remember correctly. Thought I would take a couple pictures inside the nice train station since we were there. The kids waited very patiently though :)






We also attended a surprise bridal shower at YFC for one of our favourite school teachers, Miss M. The ladies and girls from the school community were so excited as we waited for Miss M to arrive and boy was she surprised! Games, food, presents, fellowship...a great time was had by all. 









Mom loves to put her feet up and we were happy to find a footstool that was perfect for her and it doubles as a seat when there are extra visitors.



No comments:

Post a Comment