Friday, May 27, 2016

WEEK 42 ~ OCTOBER 15-21, 2015

Sylvia M and I have been coaching the kids and the time had finally come for us to head to the soccer tournament...they played hard and we had a good day.





Carsten and Mark building the Star Wars set they have been eyeing for a very long time...not sure who had more fun...



You just got to love spirit days at school...Here's the boys all set for Clash Day...


Mark made meatballs with mushroom gravy for supper and Savannah likes things a little plainer...Mark said if Savannah could eat 5 meatballs with gravy in a set time, the two of them would go to a Jays game if they made the World Series...little did he know, that was the motivation Savannah needed...Mark may have been a little relieved that the Jays didn't make it to the finals after seeing ticket prices.



I see a lot of memes, pictures and articles on Facebook and this one struck a chord with me and the simple truth of it...if we don't teach our children to follow Christ, the world will teach them not to. May God help us as we teach our children about Jesus and His great love and the ultimate sacrifice He made for us.


You just never know how God will use your witness for Him and these singing Indiana contractors, Aaron Gray and Josh Arnett, had no idea their video would go viral but let us sing along with them, "How Great Thou Art"


With election day here, I took some of the kids with me to vote...teaching them about the voting process and how important it is to exercise your right to vote even if there is not a perfect candidate.


and while watching the results unfold in the evening, I was comforted by a Facebook meme...


I had not been feeling the greatest lately and I must admit that I am not looking forward to winter if this is how I am feeling already. I don't talk about it too often, but I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia a couple of years ago and sometimes my meds work and sometimes not so much...this is one of those times were they are not working so great. I came across a couple of memes and thought that about describes how I have been feeling but the second one brings a little humour into the pain situation. I am sure that me feeling so crummy has to do partly with fibro and partly because I was fighting a nasty cold.



I wished I was able to visit Logan who was in the hospital but with me being sick and him in isolation, that obviously couldn't happen. I love the video Kim and Logan sent to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment