Thursday, May 12, 2016

WEEK 28 ~ JULY 9-15, 2015

Savannah had been looking for some new goalie pads for quite a while and on a trip to Value Village, she was very excited when she found her "new to her" goalie pads. 


I am always relieved when I can say that the yearbook is done til next year and I completed it before leaving on summer vacation :)



I loved the picture I snapped on one of our visits with Mom this week of Olivia and Oma enjoying a scrapbook together.



This week the kids finished a two week swimming lesson session just in time to head off to Elim. It was great to have the kids do swimming lessons almost all at the same time (between 4:50-6:00pm)










Mark flew out to BC to attend his nephew Josh's wedding. Josh and Naomi, we wish you the best as you begin this new chapter of your life...may God grant you many years together.






And it was time for summer vacation...my happy place...Elim Lodge. I have gone camping at Elim every year of my life except for one and I look forward to it every year. I get to spend two weeks with my family in ...biking, skiing, tubing, boating, fishing, outdoor games, walks, church, kid/teen programs, swimming, canoeing, the Snackery, card/board games, crafts, shopping, quadramarathon, torpedo ball, ice cream and the best sunrise and sunsets...it is just an awesome break from life.



Eagerly waiting for Kid's Program to start



Heading out to find a good fishing spot and enjoying nature as we go






Seriously this is my happy place...I LOVE fishing...the nibbles, bites and wondering what fish I reel in. I love the lapping of the water against the boat, the peace of nature surrounding us, the gorgeous sunsets, and the time spent with my dad.







I was trying to capture a video of fishing so I could enjoy it all year long and I ended up with quite the video...you want a good laugh? A big bite and tug from a bass sent me screaming like a child, "Do I just let it go Dad? (meaning do I let the fish fight a bit til it tires and then reel it in?) Let's just say it brings me back to being a kid and needing my Dad to help me reel a big one in so I didn't lose it. I can't remember the last time I called my Dad "Daddy" but love that he is there for me. So glad I got it all on video, including when my dad picks up my phone :D P.S. I didn't actually kiss the fish.



Games are played daily and Dominos is one of Carsten's favourite







The views from our cottage and around the campground are beautiful 








Boating and tubing is so much fun...even when you have to hold on as tight as you can











Torpedo Ball is fun and right outside our cottage so often we are out there playing it...









Storms come up quickly and while I used to be quite scared of them, thankfully I have come to respect them, but realize how awesome God is...in the big and little things. I love watching the storm come across the lake from the safety of the cottage.






Competing and cheering on participants in the Triathlon/Quadramarathon is a weekly event...













Couple quadramarathon snippets






We love just having fun and spending time with each other.








Just chilling and playing with their American Girl dolls is a great way to relax after a busy day.


No comments:

Post a Comment