Wednesday, May 18, 2016

WEEK 37 ~ SEPTEMBER 10-16, 2015

Remembering 9-11 has become a part of our life each year...we remember those who lost their lives on that tragic day that sadly demonstrated the evil of man's heart.



This photo struck me...a turnout gear for each firefighter that was lost on 9/11...


We also celebrate Addison's birthday which falls on September 11 giving us a reason to be joyful...she was pretty happy to have a banana bread cake .


Mark played in the STCCS Fundraising Tournament and I think he enjoyed it...we liked cheering his team on. 


We had some extra friends visit Mom with us once this week as my sister Jenny and her girls, Ava and Jaelyn, came along. As you'll see in the other pictures, Mom loves to push Logan in his bike/stroller and her baby doll. 




I love this selfie picture of Rowan and I that we took while out shopping and doing some errands....Rowan LOVES shopping and doing errands but I think he is really enjoying being the only kid at home during the day. 


Rowan says he wasn't tired and that he was going downstairs to play...He was a little too quiet and when I went to check on him, this is what I found :)


I loved this article that I came across and it made me think on marriage and how to improve things. Marriage is not always easy and it was nice to see ways to incorporate better communication...now to implement some of it. Since I am catching up on my blog I am reminded of this and how we haven't started this yet. Change can begin now thought...Check out the article at http://www.aujpoj.com/our-6-questions-for-marriage-lets-beat-the-50-percent/

"How is it, that our grandparent’s generation is committed to their marriages at age 80, yet as a 24-year-old, most of my friends parents are divorced or remarried by age 50. And as for my generation, it seems that the obsession with weddings remains rampant, yet the focus on marriage as the purpose of the wedding day, is becoming less and less.So what has caused the pendulum to swing so far? Why are people getting married later, ending marriage sooner, and remarrying multiple times? I was in an old antique shop once and read a quote that I think sums it up the best. “Back in our day, when something broke, you fixed it instead of throwing it away.” The quote was inked over a photo of an elderly couple holding each other close." 
Questions to ask each week before ending your time in prayer... 
 1. What brought you joy this week? 
2. What was something that was hard this week?  
3. What’s one specific thing I can do for you this week? 
4. How can I pray for you this week? 
5. Is there anything that’s gone unsaid, convictions, confessions, unresolved hurt?  
6. What’s a dream, desire or thought that’s been on the forefront of your mind this week? 

http://www.aujpoj.com/our-6-questions-for-marriage-lets-beat-the-50-percent/

No comments:

Post a Comment